Louis M. Scofield, Jr. is a Shareholder with over 35 years experience as a defense courtroom lawyer. He has tried scores of cases in virtually every county that make up Southeast Texas. In addition, at the request of several clients, he has a regional practice beyond this geographic area. Beyond this, Lou is National Counsel for a Fortune 500 company on product liability cases. His personal injury and civil practice involves the full
spectrum of product liability, negligence, professional liability defense and insurance defense, along with experience in railroad and maritime practice.
Awards and Recognitions
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyer®, Super Lawyers® (Thomson Reuters) 2005-2017
- Selected to the Super Lawyer Corporate Counsel Edition® (Thomson Reuters) in Civil Litigation Defense, 2008-2014.
- Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.) Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants and Product Liability-Defendants,” from 2013-2018.
- Recognized as “Lawyer of the Year 2014, Beaumont” in Best Lawyers in America®, (Woodward/White, Inc.) Personal Injury Litigation- Defendants and Product Litigation-Defendants.
- Martindale-Hubbell- "AV" Preeminent™ Peer Review® Rating
- Recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as a “Texas’ Top Rated Lawyer®” AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 2012-2015•
News and Events
- MehaffyWeber Attorneys Selected to the 2014 Texas Super Lawyers
- Nine MehaffyWeber Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America for 2014
- MehaffyWeber congratulates the 12 attorneys selected for inclusion in the 2013 Super Lawyers® Business Edition magazine (formerly known as Corporate Counsel Edition.)
- Congratulations to the nine MehaffyWeber attorneys selected for inclusion in the 2012 Super Lawyers Business Edition magazine (formerly known as Corporate Counsel Edition.)
- Congratulations to the eleven lawyers from MehaffyWeber selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® published by Woodward/White, Inc.
- Arthur Almquist, Lou Scofield and Michele Smith selected as Super Lawyers- Corporate Counsel Edition
- 13 MehaffyWeber Attorneys Selected as 2012 Texas Super Lawyers
- Louis Scofield selected for membership in the Litigation Counsel of America, Trial Lawyer Honorary Society.
- Congratulations to the 15 MehaffyWeber Attorneys Chosen as 2010 Texas Super Lawyers
- Eight MehaffyWeber Shareholders Listed in September 2009 Super Lawyer Corporate Counsel Edition.
- Fifteen MehaffyWeber Attorneys Named Super Lawyers 2008
- MehaffyWeber awarded "Preferred Provider of Legal Services" by Parker Hannifin, 2008
- 13 MehaffyWeber Attorneys Chosen as Texas Monthly Super Lawyers® 2007
- 14 MehaffyWeber Attorneys Named Texas Super Lawyers for 2006
- Association Press, Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, Columnist, 2002-2015