Carpenter is a shareholder with MehaffyWeber in the firm’s Beaumont and Houston
offices. His areas of practice include complex commercial and business
litigation, first-party and third-party insurance litigation, probate and
fiduciary litigation, products liability, and personal injury litigation.
Wade also assists clients in construction disputes and real estate matters, as
well as advising clients pre-litigation on employment issues. For nearly
twenty years, Wade’s practice has included representing both large companies
and locally owned businesses in a variety of business and commercial disputes,
including contract issues, insurance matters, and general corporate
litigation. He manages a statewide products liability docket for one of
the firm’s major clients and works closely with other MehaffyWeber lawyers on
defending clients in toxic tort and products liability cases. Wade represents
insurance companies and insureds in a variety of first-party and third-party
claims, has represented both owners and contractors in construction disputes,
and assists estate executors in various probate litigation matters. Wade
has been a shareholder with MehaffyWeber since 2003 and is licensed to practice
in both Texas and Louisiana.
Awards and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Woodward/White, Inc.), Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants and Product Liability-Defendants, 2017-2018
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers® list, Super Lawyers ® (Thomson Reuters), 2016-2017
- Named "Texas Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters)
- Recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as a “Texas’ Top Rated Lawyer® AV® Preeminent™ Rated
News and Events
- Wade Carpenter Passes Louisiana Bar Exam, 2012
- Fifteen MehaffyWeber Attorneys Recognized as Texas Rising Stars, 2010
- Seventeen MehaffyWeber attorneys selected as Texas Rising Stars for 2009
- Eighteen MehaffyWeber attorneys named Rising Stars for 2008
- Manages statewide products liability docket for one of firm’s major clients.
- Successful representation on behalf of major insurance companies in numerous first-party homeowner’s suits, as well as personal injury automobile suits.
- Successful defense at trial in an employment discrimination lawsuit on behalf of our Fortune 100 client.
- Successful representation at trial of trucking company sued for personal injury damages.
- Successful defense of multiple parties in a fraud/fiduciary duty case arising from an oil and gas transaction.
- "Limiting Sophisticated User Defense," Houston Lawyer, September/October 2001