Jamie D. Matuska, a shareholder with Mehaffy Weber, P.C. was licensed to practice law in Texas and admitted to the Texas Bar in 2005. She received a B.S. in journalism from Texas A&M University in 2002 and a J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center in 2005. Mrs. Matuska specializes in civil appeals and is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law. She represents clients in the Texas intermediate courts of appeals, the Texas Supreme Court and the Fifth Circuit. She has handled a broad range of civil appellate matters. She has represented clients on direct appeal, interlocutory appeal, original mandamus proceedings, and has assisted trial counsel at the trial court level. She has presented oral argument in the intermediate courts of appeals, the Texas Supreme Court and the Fifth Circuit.
Articles and Speaking Engagements
- “Getting Started, the nuts and bolts of hanging a shingle,” May, 2017
- Interlocutory Appeals 101,” March, 2017
- “Cole & Weems – Where do we go from here?” December, 2016
- “Dismissal under Texas Rule of Civil Procedure 91a,” November, 2016
- “Appeals 101 for the Criminal Defense Attorney,” March, 2016
- “Frequently Asked Questions regarding Practices and Procedures in Family Law Appeals,” April, 2015